Business is about making your dreams come true. The challenge is how to stay when you are facing all the vagaries of markets, economics, finance, and customer trends.
- You must primarily focus on your happiness. Money will follow. When you are happy, your people, processes and customers are happy. The wheels of work life run efficiently. And when everyone who matters is happy and doing what they are supposed to, of course money is flowing in too.
- Keep the media out. This means, you do not listen to depressing news. Most news on media is about bad events happening around the world. There is hardly any good news on. You begin to believe the world is a big bad place. Your psyche suffers and this brings down your enthusiasm.
- Get your eight to ten hours of sleep. And also rest your mind, whenever you feel overwhelmed or tired.
- Invest in good relationships. Personal as well professional relationships are important and either inspire you or depress you.
- Spread around good food, good words, good music and anything good that you have in excess.
- Be thankful for everything that you have. Be thankful to people who work for you, who enrich your lives, who love you…say thank you for the smallest act of kindness.
- Be kind to people who need it. Kindness doesn’t have to be grand just small little gestures, like giving a good tip to the doorman.
- Take the effort to keep in touch with your friends. Meet them, chat or dine with them. Keep a link always.